Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to know what kind of fuel economy I can expect out of a 93' D1200? The first day I really had a chance to ride it, the low fuel warning light appeared at about 112km, I know that can't be right seeing how I can get more than 100mi out of my gas guzzling RD350, plus the Daytona has a much larger tank. Also I noticed the thread about Buell turn signals and I decided to order some Ulyses signals. They're a bit longer than the ones posted on the thread so they should work really well for my Daytona, hopefully the rear ones aren't too long.

·
Registered
826 Posts
i dont know what it equates to in km, but i get about 150 miles from a tank on my 750 daytona (hard riding) which is 450cc, and 1 cylinder less than the d12, so when you take that into account, the d12 is gonna be a hell of alot more thirsty than the 750!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I get about 35 mpg pretty much all the time. If I rode it real hard for a whole tank, it would probably get a little lower. That works out to about 15 km/liter (or about 56 km/gal since you're in SC with a metric clock). I think my light comes on steady about 150 miles (240 km). I usually don't pay it that much attention to it since it comes on leaning one way then shuts off when I lean the other or accelerate. I just fill up around 180-190 miles (or 290-305 km). Hope that helps you out some....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'm going to keep an eye on it, I thought getting mabey 100mi out of a tank is kind of ridiculous, I guess I would have to ride with Sportster guys with the peanut tanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would calculate your mileage a couple times and then figure how far you can go on 6 gallons. My tank is 6.6... not sure if yours would be the same. Funny you mention the Sportsters. When I first bought my Daytona, my good friend rode a Sportster 1100 with the peanut tank. My Daytona was bone stock and riding with him I generally got about 45 mpg. We had to stop about every 80 miles so he could gas up. I used to joke with him that I was going to take a hose with us so he could refuel off me while we were riding so we could spend more time on the road than at a gas station.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi I get 160 to 170 motorway miles to a full tank on my standard 95 D1200. Although it is very easy to get only 120 if you ride very fast. best MPG I ever had was 45.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hi All, must admit my fuel consumption on the speed trip is Poor about 25 to 30 miles per gallon, compared to my 2004 daytona which seems to run on air,but to be honest the character and sound and the whole thing about the T3 far outweighs the petrol consumption.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts