Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just converted to tubeless and have a brand new tube that is not needed. It is a Metzler, Rear for a 17" rim. Here's the info from the box:

Part-110-6605
Size - 17" Type B
SKU - 100779
ME-F17M/C (TR4/V1-09-1)

Tire Sizes:
4.50-10
5.10-17
130/70-17
130-80-17
120/80-17
110-90-17
120-90-17

The 150/70-17 is not listed but when I bought it (Motorcycle Super Store) this was the tube listed for the Tiger rear.

$10 plus S+H.

Please PM me.

Thanks,
Doug

·
Registered
178 Posts
What did you use to seal your rims? I've been considering converting to tubeless and with my recent change of employment status now might be a good time to do it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
After wire brushing and cleaning the rim thoroughly with acetone, I applied Flamemaster Chem-Seal CS3204A1/2. Iansoady used a competing product PRC-DeSoto PR1422A1/2 (same MIL spec). I injected the material using a 30mL industrial syringe into the nipples and around them and allowed the material to fully cure. In the next step I touched up any areas I thought lacking, then painted a strip around the rim, placed a rim strip on and finally brushed a coat over the top of it and on the edges of the rim strip.

I only have 500 miles on the conversion; no leaks. So far so good. As always this is not a recommendation for others to perform the conversion, just information. Proceed with caution and at your own risk.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've been meaning to get around to doing the conversion and now that I'm out of work I have the time. I've got over 70k miles on my Tiger and only changed the tubes once, at about 50k just because I felt guilty. Never have had a flat. What do you want to bet that I pick up a nail within a week if I do the conversion...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts