Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all members,
I have to sell my 2002 Triumph Thunderbird 900. (eBay: 2002 Triumph Thunderbird 900)
Located in New York City (Astoria), NY.

Am looking for about $3250 (as I have a bunch of accessories included).

I'm attaching some pictures here. Please check the eBay link for more pictures. I will add more pictures here if there's enough interest.
01. 20191209_161843 - Front.jpg 02. 20191209_161833 - Rear.jpg 03. 20191209_160430 - Odometer.jpg 07. 20191209_161807 - Mid Right.jpg 12. 20191209_161931 - Mid Left (Center Stand).jpg 15. 20191209_162013 - VIN.jpg

Copy-Pasted relevant bits from my eBay advt:

I'm the 2nd owner. The 1st (original) owner used this as his daily ride from new. I purchased it for Sunday morning rides.
  • The valve clearance has been checked (clearances were still within-spec) and coolant flushed by a motorcycle shop in late 2018.
  • Oil change, brake fluid and clutch fluid will be due to be changed in mid/early-2020.
  • Motorcycle has brand new brake pads.
  • Brake calipers have been upgraded with stainless steel pistons.
  • Spark plugs are new as well. No modifications to engine or exhaust.
  • Fuel has always been stabilized, so the carburetors are clean.
  • No rust in fuel tank as I try to keep it topped up with fresh fuel.
  • The chain is clean, lubed and in very good condition (no rust or mechanical sag / wear).
  • Mechanically, electrically, visually & functionally this bike has no issues.
  • The handlebars have been lowered to give the ride more of a Cafe Racer stance.
  • Pannier mounts are installed (Saddlebags are not included).
  • Has a center-stand, in addition to the standard side/kick-stand.
  • The wheels are in good condition but could use a polish at some point in the future for aesthetic reasons.
  • The battery is about 4 years old but works well now (no immediate change needed).
  • Bar-end mirrors are installed but I do have the original mirrors with me (Included as part of sale).
  • The tires are getting tired but I do have a set of brand new Avon Sprint ST tyres in the O.E. size, new tubes & rim tape that I had meant to get mounted (Included as part of sale).
Am selling this motorcycle as I do not ride much, mainly due to time constraints. If I could, I would keep it forever!

The clear NYS Title, is in my name. I have the original Lien Release Letter from my bank as well.

This is my preferred method -> Bring cash, your plates (don't forget your insurance) & ride away (or get it towed to your place - ATGATT!).
Shipping (at buyer's cost) will be considered as an option, though not preferred due to logistics.

This is not very fast but it is a heavier motorcycle, so it's not recommended to be used as a starter / beginner bike.

I will be traveling the last week of December 2019, so please be patient if I am late in responding to any queries during that time.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts