Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed the front wobble on my speedmaster when I take my hands off handlebars at around 40mph. Tire is fairly new with only 1400 miles. I recently put a pair of 1 in. risers on the handlebar. Could this be the reason? Could road condition cause this? Seems worse on some road sthan others. Do i need ot get tire rebalanced because of risers?

·
30,527 Posts
I have 1" risers on my Bonnie and it did not change anything - that should not really affect the front wheel. The wobble may just be normal wear on the tire, even though you haven't gone far on it. Just to check the obvious - have you checked the tire pressure? Is there any sign that balance weights have fallen off the wheel and now it is out of balance?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will check the tire pressure and weights. It did sit over the winter. I had it onbboards not cement floor in garage. Good the tire correct itself after time.

·
30,527 Posts
You usually have to do something to correct wheel wobble - it is unlikely to correct itself. Chances are that it is just tyre pressure if it has sat for several months though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts