Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
don't know what happened to this post???

Anyway, what after market turn signals are you guys using for the front? I want L.E.D. lights, but I don't know what size will look best. Also, what radiator cowls are people using? I kind of like, the gold for the black speedy, but I haven't seen them on any bikes. Can't have the bike looking too BLING BLING. I prefer the stealth look. THOUGHTS?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Limey,

That's friggin' sweet!!! I've got to get those pipes! Which signals are you using? what did you do to the headers?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I'm using the kellermans off newspeed3. the headers and mid pipe were painted with VHT paint. Thats an outdated picture, the forks and calipers are now black too. :-D

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
I'm look'n fer sum front signals too, and just can't swing them kellermans. Anyone else have some nice look'n led's fer much cheaper? :-D

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I have the same pipes (not painted black yet) and the Kellermanns also, and painted the cowl black. I am balancing the gold forks and caliper with gold wheel stripes and gold bar ends. I don't think it looks too flashy. I finish it off with this:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Goffe - is that your everyday riding suit or is it just for track days?

Limey - post a new picture when you get a chance. I'm gonna save it as my wallpaper and use it as a roadmap for my '07. Imitation being flattery and what not.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Limey - I'm not familiar with VHT paint. Is it something you can dou yourself or is it airbrushed or dipped in a vat or what?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do the Kellerman tun signals need a regulator? Is installation a straight swap or is there more to than taking one off and putting te otheron?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
On 2006-12-08 12:42, SavageHenry wrote:
Do the Kellerman tun signals need a regulator? Is installation a straight swap or is there more to than taking one off and putting te otheron?
Newspeed3 sell a relay that plugs in where the stock one is. There is connectors inside the stock turn signal lense so you dont have to take the tank off to un plug the wires. the kellermans will need to have connectors put on. Its a very simple job.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
My 2 cents. The Kellermann led's might be expensive, but you're not going to find a brighter led signal out there. All the other led's I've tried or seen aren't visible in broad daylight. Worth the expense, imo. Look good too! :cool:

·
Registered
112 Posts
On 2006-12-08 16:55, Limey wrote:
On 2006-12-08 12:42, SavageHenry wrote:
There is connectors inside the stock turn signal lense so you dont have to take the tank off to un plug the wires. the kellermans will need to have connectors put on. Its a very simple job.
I wis that I knew that before I put my CF radiator cowls on.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office.
Want to bet? My brother-in-law is a shrink and his personal therapy has always been bikes. By his accounting, he's owned 200+. His current ride is a BMW K1200R.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Cat, I agree. That is such bullsh**t. Therapy isn't something to be afraid of. It takes a strong individual to admit there are areas in his life he needs to work on.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
On 2006-12-08 10:44, SavageHenry wrote:
Goffe - is that your everyday riding suit or is it just for track days?
Both, but on track days I wear a gold football helmet.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
On 2006-12-08 19:50, Catenaccio wrote:
You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office.
Want to bet? My brother-in-law is a shrink and his personal therapy has always been bikes. By his accounting, he's owned 200+. His current ride is a BMW K1200R.
Maybe you should add the implied tag, "unless it's owned by the psychiatrist."

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I had Watsen Design signals before I got the Kellermann's. They were '02 versions, and weren't bright enough to be seen in daylight. Maybe Watsen has improved the visibility since then. They were well made, though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts