Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I did a search, but was unable to find info on what tool is used to replace the front sprocket on 1050cc Sprint St. Nothing i have is big enough. And do i just bend the washer back to undo the nut?

Thanks,
GK

·
Registered
450 Posts
Front Sprocket

Tools needed:-

36mm socket, pin punch to knock back locking tab, breaker bar or impact wrench
8mm socket to remove sprocket cover.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
An pneumatic impact gun works best for the big nut. It's not a good idea to use the tranny to keep the countershaft from turning. Let us know how it goes, I have a 18T sprocket laying on my work bench just waiting for some warmer weather :)

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Auto parts store and go get an axle nut socket for front wheel drive cars. 36mm is one of the more common.

·
Registered
445 Posts
A six point 1-7/16 socket will only be 0.5 mm over size and will work just fine if the 36mm is hard to find.

I still don’t know why metric sockets or nuts and bolts are so difficult in the US. All cars now day are put together with metric fasteners. I rarely touch my standard sockets and my standard combination wrenches are in rubber banded in bundle and stuffed in the back of some drawer on my tool box. The standard system should have died decades ago :mad::mad:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in Australia, and for some reason the major atuo parts stores around me stop at 32mm :( But as suggested i have ordered one from ebay.

Thanks all.

Should have it installed this week :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts