Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Front sprocket size 16T

675 Daytona and Street Triple both use a 16T front sprocket

IF your changing sprockets the NUT size, according to Bikebandit.com is 20MM. Use a 6 point socket to avoid slipping and replace the 'tab' washer as well.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Bike bandit gives you the internal size of the nut, not the size of socket necessary to remove or install it.

If I remember correctly, it is a 32mm, but that is just from memory and I'm getting older, so that could be off.

The service manual doesn't list the socket size either. I'll be in the garage with both of my bikes this afternoon, but I'm not sure if I'll have time to remove the cover to see what size the socket is as I'll be working on a coolant leak on my wife's van.

TripleThreat

·
Super Moderator
8,473 Posts
I never put the cover back over the countershaft. It's probably a safety hazard of some kind, but the race bike doesn't have a cover, either.

·
Super Moderator
8,473 Posts
I never ride with lace up shoes or without full gear, so it really isn't an issue. The race bike is an SV650, not a Triumph. I haven't reached the blissful state of having two 675s yet. :p

Since you are out here in the great northwet, if you ever make it to a track day or a WMRRA weekend, I am pretty easy to find. Look for an old blue Chevy van with a bright yellow bedliner roof and lots of stickers in the windows standing in for window tint. The race bike is a blue SV650, and my white leathers are getting close to the ugliest in the paddock. My pit partner converted his 675 for racing, and it's (currently) green with a bit of yellow and black, but he's threatening to paint it again. The 675 is a far better track or race bike than an SV650, but I just can't bring myself to throw it down the track. Track bikes always end up kissing the asphalt eventually.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I never ride with lace up shoes or without full gear, so it really isn't an issue. The race bike is an SV650, not a Triumph. I haven't reached the blissful state of having two 675s yet. :p

Since you are out here in the great northwet, if you ever make it to a track day or a WMRRA weekend, I am pretty easy to find. Look for an old blue Chevy van with a bright yellow bedliner roof and lots of stickers in the windows standing in for window tint. The race bike is a blue SV650, and my white leathers are getting close to the ugliest in the paddock. My pit partner converted his 675 for racing, and it's (currently) green with a bit of yellow and black, but he's threatening to paint it again. The 675 is a far better track or race bike than an SV650, but I just can't bring myself to throw it down the track. Track bikes always end up kissing the asphalt eventually.
Good for you! 'All the Gear, all the time'!
I have an '01 R6 track bike.
Going to try and make as many track days as my schedual and wallet will allow.
I totally understand about throwing away your baby!
Watch for an old '87 Ford long bed truck. Silver and Black with a 13' black enclosed trailer!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts