Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting some shaking from my thrux front wheel at about 45mph (indicated). Everything is tight and looks right, air pressure is right. Never noticed this before but I haven't been on the bike in a while. Is this common?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
As my front tire wore, this became worse. To the point if I ran hands off it would continue to degrade.

New tire and back to the old smooth ride. I ran the stock tires about 1500 miles too long. For me, the change came at 11,000 miles.

It is not normal or common. I also ran without a front fender for a while, and thought not having the fender support may have allowed some flex in the forks. In my case, it was the worn tire.

[ This message was edited by: whoa on 2007-03-11 11:56 ]

·
Registered
666 Posts
Tire pressure (reckon you checked that) and steering stem bearings being loose can cause this. Just tossing this out there since I have seen this before.

Good luck

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'm getting some shaking from my thrux front wheel at about 45mph (indicated). Everything is tight and looks right, air pressure is right. Never noticed this before but I haven't been on the bike in a while. Is this common?
Did you ever solve the problem?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Are you still running stock tires ? Those Lasertecs cup easily and IMO pretty crappy . If a rebalance doesn't fix it just buy a new tire .
Get Pirellis . I have the Avon AM26 and developed a high speed " Wobble " in the front with the universal front . Wouldn't recommend them if you ride at high speeds a lot(95mph+). Other than that a decent tire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts