Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of going carbon fibre when the bike repairs start, will a Daytona 675 mudguard bolt onto my T3 forks?, or any of the range for that matter?

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
All the upside down forks will probably be too fat and have the mounting points in the wrong places, as ours are 43mm right way up Kayaba (sp) units. I think someone mentioned the Kwak ZRX range might have similar forks so might be worth investigating ??

The Daytona Super III came with a carbon gaurd & hugger but they are rare to find on ebay. I have a carbon gaurd on the Sprint but haven't a clue who made it and it also has a bit of a bash on it too :-/ I did buy another on ebay which although isn't perfect may well do for a little project I have in mind. All the T5 series bikes (bug eyed speed triples etc) had 45 mm forks so they are no good, not sure about the Sprint ST and RS etc again might be worth a look....

Hope the ribs are on the mend...how are you finding the Blandit ?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mmm...right, well it's neutral. It's a sit up and beg riding position that currently suits my injuries, and allows me to look where I'm going to be sent by the next car driver that want's to ping me for no reason. There is no exhaust note to be heard, the throttle slides sideways, the headlight is bright but extends 8feet in front of the bike and the seat is to padding what Ian Paisley is to tact.

Oh and it's on brand new economy asian tyres that mean anything over a mild lean becomes a comedy moment waiting to happen.

It's the John Major of the bike world. as you said, Blandit.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I think someone mentioned the Kwak ZRX range might have similar forks so might be worth investigating ??
The ZRex forks are the same diameter (43mm) but shorter and the mounts for the fender are different. The speedo cable mounts in a different place too. Nothing you can't deal with but it's nice to know up front. I found all this out after buying the forks for my project.

·
Registered
108 Posts
T3 Carbon Fibre Group Buy

There is always the "if you can get a few to purchase then it might be cheaper" angle to throw at them.

Obviously it takes someone to want to organise it and collect monies etc. Usually it becomes all too hard but not impossible.

You would think the in these "severe economic times" that they would be grabbing the work. MOT did they quote you in sterling or $AUD?

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Quoted $Aud...

Mary was the contact, I listed the model of bike and she asked for a picture to verify which model it was we were talking about..so I assume there was no room for error as to which kit it was for which bike ??

I only enquired out of curiosity because getting that sort of stuff for the T3 bikes is few and far between so it might help out someone ???

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Does anybody know if the RS/ST front fenders will swap over to the T3s? (And vice-versa!) I have a Sprint RS fender assembly, but I can't find my T3 fender...

At any rate, Skidmarx make a very reasonably priced (compared to other carbon bits) front mudguard for T3 bikes.

DJS, correct me if my American sense of geography is as bad as they say, but I *think* Dorset is closer to Kent than Geelong is... :D

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Finally managed to check things out briefly- all the holes for my Sprint RS 2-part fender line up quite nicely with the mounting tabs on my spare Super III forks. Looks like I'll be ordering a carbon front fender to match my new hugger! :D

Cheers,
-Kit

1 - 13 of 13 Posts