Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the manual, searched the internet and the forum. Found what I was looking for re Headlamp replacement h4 bulb, rear dual filament brake, indicator light ( 1157), but I cannot find the bulb type for the front indicator bulbs--even took the old bulb out--just says osram 10w.
I want a PIAA super white--but what is bulb type ?

I have ordered a service manual, but will be a few days to receive.

I have 2010 Bonneville T100--thx alot

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
Can't you just take the old one with you to the store? Have to ask, too - why would you want super white bulbs for the indicators?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No match at local store--need to online order--want brighter signal lights. Going with 1157 27/8w dual filament PIAA 72720 for rear brake/turn---now want similar for front--need bulb type ! thx

·
Registered
566 Posts
I run 10W Quartz Halogen indicator bulbs - straight replacement only much brighter :)

The fittings on my 09-> Bonny( cast wheel) are BA15s. Which translates to a bulb with a 15mm diameter, single contact/filament and straight pins

I also use a 5/35 dual filament Qurtz Halogen in the rear light - no over heating issues with the QH 5w bulb constantly lit and the 35W stop light(brake) bulb is so much brighter (safer?)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I read the manual, searched the internet and the forum. Found what I was looking for re Headlamp replacement h4 bulb, rear dual filament brake, indicator light ( 1157), but I cannot find the bulb type for the front indicator bulbs--even took the old bulb out--just says osram 10w.
I want a PIAA super white--but what is bulb type ?

I have ordered a service manual, but will be a few days to receive.

I have 2010 Bonneville T100--thx alot

Update: 2010 Triumph Bonneville T100 ( 88 miles and counting)

Front Indicator Lights:

As Rec'd: 12v 10w - Base: BA15s

Upgrade: 12v 27w - PIAA H227 1156 Xtreme White Miniature Bulb

Rear Brake/Indicator Lights:

As Rec'd: 12v 21/5w - Base: BAY15d

Upgrade: 12v 27/8w -PIAA H228 1157 Xtreme White Miniature Bulb

Results: - Noticeable Improvement in Visibility
- No Heat issues seen on Plastic Lenses

Question: Will there be an issue with wiring, alternator or other
electrical system problems ??

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
As far as taxing the alternator or wiring you'll be OK. Plenty big enough to cope with that and more.

The only thing is the flasher relay, that's rated for a maximum of 20 watts. The markings on it are 2(4)x10w meaning they can work either two 10watt lamps in normal operation or four 10watt lamps in hazard warning mode.

It might be OK, maybe it'll flash a bit faster than normal not allowing the lamp to reach its full brightness. The relay contacts might also deteriorate faster than normal.

If you're worried, just pop into your car spares shop and show them the relay and get one marked: 2(4)x21w. It's a very common relay in the small German or French car world.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.