Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I went with Matris F15K cartridges in the front and Gazi Sport X in the rears (Truxton/Scrambler lengths). I have 2 seasons and 12,000 miles on them. The Matris cartridges are amazing. I am very happy but would recommend going for lighter springs on the Gazi if your weight is at the limit between two ratings. I am about 180 lbs in gear and have medium rating springs on the Gazis. They are a bit too stiff for my liking with no pre-load (I get very little static sag). At the same time they will bottom out if I hit a pothole large enough, which I think is because of the limited 4 inches of travel (maybe progressive rate springs would be better?). When I did some touring with 40 or 50 lbs in saddle bags and luggage strapped to the back seat the rear felt just right. I am planning to order a set of lighter springs this winter and see if they feel better.
Hagons, Ikons and Ohlins are of course great options as well. Whatever the brand you pick, the more you spend (in general) the better you get. And even the most basic model will be better than stock.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Gentleman, am leaning towards a Hagon Front Spring for my Triumph Bonneville T100 Model Year 2012. On Hagon site, after choosing my bike, it shows 2 models, 400-031-05 and 400-031-05K. I just want to drop in without any modification.(i.e. sawing the spacer etc) (will change the fork oil of course), which of the model should i get as saw (0.7) and (10), dunno what it meant. Cheers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Managed to spoke to ex.owner of my bike and verbally told him i want to change the spring and if he has change any fork oil during his time with the bike. he replied that he installed "Emulsion Valve" on the stock spring. as good as a progressive spring.... I google and can't seem to find what on earth is a Emulsion Valve. anyone install or what scientific name are these product.

·
Premium Member
2,306 Posts
I think he might be talking about the Ricor Intiminators. Here's an old thread on them

·
Premium Member
2,306 Posts
I think they stopped making them a few years back. They were good though - I had them in my old Scrambler. IIRR, you had to put lower weight fork oil in the forks

edit - found the FAQ - FAQ
'nother edit - seems the shop's still up

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got a set of Intimidators last month. Still very much available. The Ricor rear shocks are taking a long time to show though. They've been on order for six weeks and Ricor is saying four more weeks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I got a set of Intimidators last month. Still very much available. The Ricor rear shocks are taking a long time to show though. They've been on order for six weeks and Ricor is saying four more weeks.
Beemerphile, do share how it compare to stock as i dunno how stock feels like, when i bought the bike, previous owner already hv it installed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Beemerphile, do share how it compare to stock as i dunno how stock feels like, when i bought the bike, previous owner already hv it installed.
Will do, but because of other jobs in the queue it will be a while before I have it installed and evaluated. I'm expecting good results because I've used the Ricor Intimidators and RaceTech Gold Valves before on a number of bikes and find they always add suppleness to a basic damper rod suspension by providing both low and high speed damping. This is my first Triumph, but the "economy suspension" starting point with my Scrambler is all too familiar.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts