Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Well due to a series of unfortunate circumstances :) I'm in need to front left foot peg, but after dishing out $190 for the gear leaver I couldn't bring my self to spend the same amount on the foot peg. All i can say is that this unbelievable prices and lack of aftermarket stuff if proving to be a very big issue for me. I mean front peg and gear leaver are nearly the cost of making the insurance claim. Add to it the scratched fairing and i'm surprised insurance companies even insure triumph bikes!

Anyhow ... enough of ranting :)

Could any one recommend after market front pegs or a place where i can get them for reasonable price? I've tried all the wreckers i could and they either don't have anything triumph or are sold out.

Thank you,
GK

BTW R&G frame sliders work well, but the front one bends in and allows the lower part of the fairings and engine cover to get scratched a little.

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
Hey Grant, you sound a bit like Dave!! You could be a mod when you grow up! :)
.... sorry Steven - I refuse to grow up:D

That was a quick profile upgrade totalpanic - I had actually guessed you might be in USA - (talking $$)

We have some good members in NSW so bound to be some good info forthcoming soon - as soon as they get in from mowing the lawns.

Grant:cool:

·
Registered
896 Posts
The front OEM pegs are £25 or $Aus equivelent
Theres a thread on here that I contributed to telling you how to change em out.
its basically a case of finding the fine pin hole in the mounting bracket & tapping the C lock pin thats in there out, thats holding the pin, holding the peg in place. Just tap the fine pin thru (but not totally out) as you need to knock it back into place later
Its easier to do if your able to remove the whole bracket and hold that in a vice, even the brake side is easy to do, even though you need to disconect the push rod.
The whole job should take 30mins each side

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
if your in a pinch you can just move the rear to the front. Not 100% that itd work on your year but mine is currently sufficient. not ideal but it works

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
they gotta be cheaper here let me do some looking. I know my local dealer has a few salvaged sprints 1/2 of new and they both got totaled at bout 3-4 k miles . May include blood though LOl Let me know I can ping em, they ship world wide

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is what i did after hearing the price tag. Moved the rear to the front. It is a little angled down, but got me to work today so all is good.

Found a dealer near my brother's place in Germany, now to find out the price from them, anyone knows the part number for the front left foot peg? And will have a look at dealers in NY as i'll be there early Jan. Just hope they will be open :)

Thanks,
GK

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
These look OK and are only across the ditch from you and at $135 NZ a pair sound good to me.
There are 3 different types to choose from as well.

http://www.anarchyaccessories.co.nz/footpegs-xidg14780.html
Nice find! I'll send them an email to see if they will fit as I went through most shops and wreckers around my area and tested out everything they had without luck. Most after market pegs are of wrong mounting design and would only work for rear peg replacement on the Sprint :( which is a shame with most of them going for $40 each.

Thanks!
GK

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi TotalP,

You can Use Suzuki or Kwaka equivalent part. They are Identical to the Trumpy Pegs. (and others)
Try Metro Spares in Silverwater on Silverwater Rd.
I'm pretty sure there is a Spares Thread in the stickies somewhere?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi TotalP,

You can Use Suzuki or Kwaka equivalent part. They are Identical to the Trumpy Pegs. (and others)
Try Metro Spares in Silverwater on Silverwater Rd.
I'm pretty sure there is a Spares Thread in the stickies somewhere?
Drove up to Metro yesterday. They went through their box of pegs and couldn't match anything up. they do have a 1050 and 995 in the workshop. Good condition headlight and high bars from 995. But the parts i need are damaged :)

Attached is the damage done ... but with gear leaver already replaced.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Try these:

TP

I got some black foot pegs from: http://www.jacklilley.com/index.asp

I tried looking just now and couldn't see them, but if you go to Products and then put your bike in - alternatively, you can of course email them.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Part numbers and US retail prices for Sprint 1050 :

T2081120 Footrest Assy, Rh, Front STD $47.08
T2081220 Footrest Assy, Lh, Front STD $47.08

·
Registered
896 Posts
25 pounds! damn... that is like $60AUD .... I cannot believe Au dealers are charging $140 for it! I guess I'll just get one in Germany when I'm over there in 3 weeks.
That is only for the peg (peg, rubber, hero blob, +2 screws) and not the whole mounting bracket
Found a dealer near my brother's place in Germany, now to find out the price from them, anyone knows the part number for the front left foot peg?
part #`s
T2081120 R/h front peg
T2081220 L/h front peg

I have them listed as priced 36.81 euros
which is the price displayed on the dealers computer,before they add sales tax & profit mark up

The mounting brackets (bare)
T2081600 R/h
T2081650 L/h
these are/where 65.27 euros

all the misc pins and springs are extra, if you need to know the part numbers & prices for these let me know

I have a spare mounting bracket in the garage, along with numerous other OEM items that I picked up on ebay. Though I am sometimes confused by triumphs parts pricings. The levers for example, 1 side cost me £13, the other side cost me £30

I printed of the parts fiche & price list off, using the username/password of an italian dealer I found on the internet ;)
sadly its been changed

1 - 20 of 24 Posts