Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my damn dog chewed on my front fender when it was locked in the garage. Where can I find a replacement red one? :mad:

·
Registered
74 Posts
If the damage is only on part of it this could be an opportunity to grab a jigsaw and shorten it! While I had mine off to shorten and paint it I rode the bike without it. If you have to, ride the bike without until you can find a cheap one on ebay.

·
Registered
615 Posts
They have them new at bikebandit.com for $185.11. I would like to know if you find it cheaper anywhere else. I am looking to put a yellow one om my Thruxton. I guess in 05 they just came in silver. I would like to see a yellow thruxton with a painted front fender to match, to see what it would look like..hint if anyones got one...

·
Registered
103 Posts
If your keeping the stock look then i guess the choice is to buy another...but if your changing things up then like said above...shorten it up and paint it.

I sanded mine down and painted it to match my new rear fender. Im liken it

·
Registered
103 Posts
I dont wanna jack this thread but here they are

before

·
Registered
103 Posts
What color you gonna paint it, dancer?
Its staying that color, Flat black. As i stated it matches my rear fender and little by little i'll be adding more black into my bike theme.

As for now i like the way it looks and pleased with the out come.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Don’t intend to hijack the thread, but I am planning to do the same thing with my front fender [I gotta yellow thrux], and I want to paint it glossy black … is there a good ‘how to’ resource online, which I can refer to ?

thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Shortened front fender (just used a jigsaw to cut then a little sand paper to smooth) - then rattle can spray painted it black then sprayed another 10 or so coats of clear. I'm very happy with the result.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I, too, painted the front fender of my yellow thrux black--looks great. I didn't bob it (yet) though.

I was painting my headers and thought, "why not?" The fender comes off in about a minute-wash, sand, painted one or two coats..bob's your uncle.

Jack

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
Nice bike and color scheme you have there, Double-D.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks, someday I'll trade out the chrome covers for powercoated when I have the time and funds.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts