Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have A Front End Wobble When I Let Go Of The Bars At Low Speed- Quite A Worry..............front Wheel Bearings? Steering Head Bearings? Any Thoughts Most Appreciated........jeff:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would go with tyre wear or pressure I`ve had front end wobble at low speeds approaching junctions tyre looked ok at a glance but look more closely to the centre and it was cracking had a new front tyre correct pressure problam sorted.

:cool:Tiz

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a similar problem on a bike after fitting a new front tyre- turned out to be made out of round. It gave me a low speed ocillation with one hand off. Fix it, quickly! Tank slappers are proper scary.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Front End Wobble

Thanks for your replies fellas;

The tyres are new & pressures fine, Im thinking maybe they didnt balance them afterwards.........

They didnt touch the bike, I took the wheels in.
I never let anyone touch my bikes. I'll have to get one of those tyre fitting jigs & a balancing jig eventually................
I couldnt be bothered with tyre levers, you can damage your rim getting a tyre on or off.If you want something done proper, you have to do it yourself.........Regards jeff

·
Registered
273 Posts
Is it a constant wobble or is it more of a wandering sensation at lower speeds? My Thunderbird developed a wandering after my last tire change so I thought something was wrong with the tires the dealer fitted. It turns out that the headstock bearings need replacement and the tires/wheels are fine. Maybe you are experiencing something similar.

Noel

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
balancing - schmalancing

I took my tire weights off, installed dyna beads, and haven't looked back! No vibration issues, and smooth as silk at any speed. Yeah, I was skeptical, too, when I read the stuff on their website, but honest, they work!

·
Registered
84 Posts
wobbles

1) head bearings loose- check and adjust
2) front tyre worn or underinflated- replace/inflate
3) luggage too high/far back- buy a sidecar
4) pillion passenger too fat- trade up to a thinner one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts