Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hit the 13k mile mark on my 2016 roadie and while riding yesterday the front end started bouncing like a pogo stick. I did a forum search and found lots of people have had this similar problem. Has anyone figured this out? Tires are PR4's and in good shape. Fork seals aren't leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
mine has done since new, pretty much. new front tire, rebalanced rear tire, played with pressures, etc. still does it. did you do anything different to the bike? mine seems worse with more weight in the panniers. I'm hoping changing brands/types of tires will fix it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I tried different adjustments on the rear. The XR is a wonderful bike, just needs better suspension. I went to my dealer looking for options and found one. Came home with a S1000XR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm heavy and mine did the same. I had the shock rebuilt/re-valved and front and rear springs beefed up by Shocktreatment in Sydney Au. Issue fixed. Cant tell exactly what they did but the rear spring is now an eibach and heaps thicker in the wire.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello new to the community, I have 2010 thruxton new tires (third set). bike has 9100 miles, and bounces like pogo stick.
was told it was a bent rim. changed rim. pogo time! Help me with your wisdom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts