Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 T100 at aprox. 10,000 Km I hade the front disk replaced due to warping and pulsing at the lever, it was replaced no probs. by my dealer. Now with 27,000 Km the problem has reappeared. I took it back to the dealer who acknowledged the problem how ever when they contacted Triumph, they said the bike was too far out of warranty. The dealer said however as a long standing customer they would help by selling me the disk and pads at cost. At the time I recalled reading some posts about faulty hubs, I menthioned this but they did not know of the fault, and that mine seemed OK when I asked them to check. I am now reluctant to put OE disk on again and if there is more info on hub problem.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,585 Posts
When I had my front disc replaced a few months ago I gave the dealer a copy of the reports from this forum about the hub issue. They said they hadn't heard of such a thing but would check. No further mention.

If someone's checked your hub and says it's ok, it's probably not the hub then ?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I had the same on the rear on my '04 T100.

I purchased the bike in April '07 with 4700 kms on. A little over one year later, at approx 18 000 kms, I noticed the problem, and the dealer diagnosed it. The dealer sure knew about the problem. He was very helpful, but the Scandinavian distributor (based in Sweden) was stingy. So, the dealer had to put on a new rotor and we had to wait until the problem reappeared. Which it did, at 30 000 kms.

So a new rear wheel will be put on the bike sometime before riding season.

The problem appeared before the five year time-limit the law states, so the problem will be fixed.

·
Registered
621 Posts
My original posting from June '07"

"Last summer I had a warped front rotor and after measuring that it was outside of the specs, my dealer (Ottawa Good Time Centre) got a new one from Triumph under warranty.
Well, a few weeks ago I noticed the rotor was warped again! I went to the dealer and mentioned to the service tech that there were some discussions on this forum about repeated warping rotors actually being caused by a misaligned wheel hub. I asked him to put a gauge on it and measure the runout, but instead he wanted to take it for a spin. After a couple minuted he came back and said, "Yeah... I can feel it. I won't even measure it. I'll ask Triumph for a new wheel assembly." Well, it arrived today and tomorrow The bike goes in for an entire new wheel! WOW! No dithering around, or trying this and trying that. Not even any checking the runout measurements! It feels warped and so I've got a new front wheel! Way to go, OGTC and Triumph! Gee... maybe I should have told them the exhaust sounded funny before I bought the TORs myself!?"
Bob

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Be firm with the "dealer" and tell him you want them mount a dial gauge on the front fork and check the runout of the new rotor as soon as it is installed. It should be out of specs as the hub problem will cause any rotor to measure out of specs. Rotors are VERY hard to warp...usually they are either turned warped or mounted on a hub that is out of specs, IMHO. From all the threads on this subject over the last 4 years, I believe Triumph also had a bunch of bad rotors in their inventory as well as the hubs that were machined out of alignment.

Good luck,

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for replies, will go ahead with repair but will get dealer to check runout after fitting new disk. Will also mention threads on forum and will keep closer eye on further problems by recording results more accurately, as dealer has always been very receptive.
Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts