Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the dimensions of the bolts holding the front discs?

Managed to part mangle the head of one when fitting new discs last weekend. Just took a look at World of Triumph to see how much they were.......I nearly wet myself!! Five quid for one bolt!! I know metal prices are high, cos the pikeys are now stealing drain covers, but that's just taking the p*ss!

·
Registered
216 Posts
No solution but know your pain! I had a similar problem with a sprocket bolt although not quite that pricey. At least I found a shouldered bolt at a bolt supplier to replace it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Would'nt chance using any bolt, Brake discs work at very high temps and only high tensile steel bolts will do, Not worth it for a few ££, Just bit the bullet with a main agent Triumph part and call this a learning experience,
Good Luck

·
Registered
216 Posts
Would'nt chance using any bolt, Brake discs work at very high temps and only high tensile steel bolts will do, Not worth it for a few ££, Just bit the bullet with a main agent Triumph part and call this a learning experience,
Good Luck
Andy, of course you are correct; however, that's why you don't buy bolts just anywhere. Bolts usually have a rating mark on the head or if you buy them from a place that specializes in bolts, they will tell you what you are getting. Don't remember what the front bolts look like but what made the rear special was its shoulder and it was an allen, not strength. That drives the price up because the manufacturing number is low. When I temporarily replaced my rear bolt, the bolt I got had a higher strength rating however it was a caps head, not an allen head. I just didn't feel like not riding for a couple months while that bolt got off Triumph back order.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts