Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried copper paste and anti-squeal paste on the back of the pads and also around the holding pinat the back and the fishtail bit that holds the pads at the front of the caliper, but the bloody thing still squeals when coming to a stop at low speed.

Any ideas as to how to stop it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Glaze bust the pad surface with a coarse glasspaper. The squealing is vibration, take care not to contaminate the surface with oil/solvents etc.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I tried some aftermarket pads that were harder than stock, and they were noisy, so I went back to the softer stock ones. Overheated pads can develop hard spots, as can a rotor if it has had rust on it. If deglazing the rotor doesn't help, maybe putting in some new Triumph pads?

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm running sintered HH pads both front and rear, and would rather put up with the squealing than switch back to "organic" pads as I'm really enjoying the cleaner rims :D.

I've thought about putting a very thin piece of SS plate between the pads and the caliper as I've seen pictures of these pads advertised that actually come with an anti-squeal plate. I enquired about them but the dealer said they only come with "some" pads.

Beats me why I can't buy them seperately!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts