Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I topped up my front break fluids, and tried to keep it below the indicator line as mentioned in my haynes manual. With superbars and the angle of my controls, I couldn't even go above the line anyways because it would have spilled out.

But as soon as I replaced the cap to the reservoir and put my bike down on the sidestand, fluid started leaking out of the area between the cap and the reservoir. I took it back off, made sure everything appeared to be seated properly, but each time I put my bike on the sidestand it starts to leak again.

I'm assuming I overfilled, however shouldn't the rubber diaphragm and plate prevent fluid from leaking? I ensured a couple times it was on properly and the cap was adequately tightened.

Any thoughts on whether this is a faulty diaphragm or is this common if your fluid level is too high?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I would remove the cap again and inspect the rubber for cracks or tears AND wipe the rubber dry BEFORE putting it back on.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Had the same issue after I filled up my front reservoir to what I thought was the max level. however, after riding for a bit, I found it had a leaked a little. It happened a few times, but then I retightened the cap. After that, nothing.
I would say just wipe off the excess and tighten the cap. Eventually it will stop.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Brakes

The caps suck on them. Buy a new one ( I did) from NB or? )I got chrome. Blk avalil too
the milling on the stockers sucks & once the fact seal broken- hard to get right again! Watch the fluid- it will take tha paint off a horsres ass!! Their not a lot of $$. No problems again as well. That crappy white metal!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts