Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

As previously mentioned I have a new to me 2000 Sprint RS which I am slowly getting back to a roadworthy state. I have deduced that a previous owner has fitted ST clip ons and has done a balls up job of drilling a hole in the end of the right clip on to hold the front brake reservoir and in fact the head of the bolt has sheared off leaving the reservoir loose.

From looking around at internet pics it appears that the RS bars did indeed have a drilled hole in the right bar from the factory to hold the brake reservoir. The ST bar however didn't have this and instead had a small metal bracket to hold the reservoir. The thing I can't find a photo of though, is where this bracket attaches to the handlebar or brake master cylinder assembly?

Would anyone with a similar vintage ST be able to kindly take a look at their bike and let me know? The bracket concerned is pictured below, from Fowlers parts catalogue. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
655 Posts
No idea where you got that diagram from because it is neither 2000 Sprint RS or similar vintage 2000 Sprint ST. Unless you're mixing up 955 and 1050 parts.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Ah, that's a 1050. You should be looking at pictures of Sprint ST1050 from 2005 >

You can see how to attach the bracket you're asking about in this picture:
Sprint ST1050 Brake Master Cylinder Mounting.JPG

·
3,070 Posts
So what bars are you wanting to use with your RS?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ah, that's a 1050. You should be looking at pictures of Sprint ST1050 from 2005 >

You can see how to attach the bracket you're asking about in this picture:
View attachment 721095
What do you have on top of your clocks?

And you have quite something to read on your tank while riding. Is that Ozzie style safety info?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Not my bike, just a random picture I pulled off the internet to help the op with the location of the master cylinder bracket. You've now got me wondering what the thing is above the clocks. Digital speedo to supplement the standard analogue unit perhaps?

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
Would anyone with a similar vintage ST be able to kindly take a look at their bike and let me know? The bracket concerned is pictured below, from Fowlers parts catalogue. Thanks in advance.
Yes, as others have said, that bracket looks like it's from a 1050 ST that used a bracket and hole in the bar to attach the reservoir.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts