Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have about 32k miles on the bike. Still have the original pads, still with the wear grooves showing. I want to have pads on hand for when the time comes to change them.

I found 2 different part numbers for the front brake pads for my 2013 Bonneville Mag Wheel.

T2020077 and T2020543

I searched this website and only the first part number shows up (0077). There were no hits on the 2nd number. The 2 dealers around here only have the 2nd part number in stock (0543). One dealer told me that 0543 was an old number. I got the first part number from the Bike Bandit website.

I just want to verify the correct part number.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Maybe try these guys. Good exploded diagrams. Should help you buy what you need locally.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I use the EBC pads FA196 - the GG grade for around town / casual , or the HH for more 'spirited' riding style.!
[2014 cast wheel]
Yes, I think that's a far better option than fitting the OEM pads. I have just done front and rear with the EBC pads on my T100. Very simple job.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fowlers Parts says 0543 is the correct part number. Not sure why I got conflicting info before.

I have used EBC brake parts on other bikes, but did not keep them long enough to evaluate "long term." I read on this forum that they sometimes don't last as long as the OEM Nissin pads, and can wear out the rotors faster. I already changed out the rear pads with OEM maybe 2 years ago.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Fowlers Parts says 0543 is the correct part number. Not sure why I got conflicting info before.

I have used EBC brake parts on other bikes, but did not keep them long enough to evaluate "long term." I read on this forum that they sometimes don't last as long as the OEM Nissin pads, and can wear out the rotors faster. I already changed out the rear pads with OEM maybe 2 years ago.
I suspect it's the sintered EBC pads that wear the discs faster. The regular compound pads aren't going to do that, as far as I know. HTH.

·
Registered
11,150 Posts
32,000 miles on the original brake pads? Wow!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got T2020077 (front) and T2020555 (rear) from my local dealer when I did the brakes (replacing aftermarket pads that squealed). The genuine pads work great.

Travis

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
I've used nothing but EBC HH sintered pads for as long as I've owned my 08 T100. Which is 11 yrs now. The front rotor is still the stock one without much wear showing. I switched the rear to EBC organic pads, just last year. I tend to brake hard.

·
Premium Member
12,643 Posts
Same, over 100,000 miles on sintered EBC FA196HH and the front disk is just fine.

I went to organic on the rear too, same reason. Different feel, but not dramatic I didn't find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts