Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will rebuild my front brakes to dual lines and at the same time ad some length to compensate for my higher handlebar.
I found it hard to measure the length of the hose properly without removing it. So therefore I wonder if someone at this forum know the exact length of the original hose? :cool:

·
Registered
924 Posts
I'm at work right now, but I just switched my stock lines for braided SS lines. I'll measure the old ones tonight. When you say higher handlebars, do you mean Gen-Mars or something like an LSL conversion. On my 02 ST the Gen-Mars didn't require a longer brake line, nor did my LSL; HOWEVER, the left line of a dual line kit is about 2" longer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Helibar clamps with a Renthal bar at the moment (about LSL style). I am planning to do the famous "master cylinder swap with double brakelines" fix on my bike. The standard hose length works, but I thought if I added about an inch it would be possible to route it more nicely.

In that case I shall have standard length plus one inch at the left side and plus three inch at the right side then? If I remember correct you meassure the hose at the banjos, center to center? :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Galfer has custom kits available.Specify your bike and the extra length you want over stock. Ordered mine thru cycle gear and only took a week to get them in.

[ This message was edited by: Doublenikkel on 2006-11-28 17:15 ]

·
Registered
924 Posts
I measure 27.5inches center to center but it is not exact because you have a 90 degree fitting on the top end and about a 20 degree fitting on the bottom. I bought my kit through Spiegler and it came with some added length which made it fit well, but you still have to route it correctly.
Hope this helps.
rod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts