Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there with a workshop manual? Could you look up the torque setting for the front axle and pinchbolts for me? Many thanks, changing my front tyre, haven't scored a manual for the Bird yet - cheers

·
Registered
168 Posts
Anyone out there with a workshop manual? Could you look up the torque setting for the front axle and pinchbolts for me? Many thanks, changing my front tyre, haven't scored a manual for the Bird yet - cheers
Dr Pat

Wheel Axle ( Spindle they call it ) is 65NM. pinch bolts 22NM and for luck brake caliper bolts 50NM

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Alan, much obliged -could've made an educated guess, but I quite like to get it right (especially since I recently have a new 'click-type' torque wrench to replace my late Dad's dodgy battered old pointer-type one!). Who needs a manual with helpful blokes round the planet...? (but must get one soonish..!)
cheers - Pat

·
Registered
168 Posts
thanks Alan, much obliged -could've made an educated guess, but I quite like to get it right (especially since I recently have a new 'click-type' torque wrench to replace my late Dad's dodgy battered old pointer-type one!). Who needs a manual with helpful blokes round the planet...? (but must get one soonish..!)
cheers - Pat

LOL, still have my pointer type one, tho agree a click type one is better, no problem regarding the info. if you need more just ask ...again no problem ...

Regards
Alan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts