Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Not really switching, but will be riding both. I am planning on buying Bonnie Black in March, when weather settles. Found mine at the local dealership and it had first 2 letters starting with S (according to previous posts - made in the UK). The dealer claims it's made in India. As all of the 2007 classics.... I've heard the Thailand talk around here but not India.
Anyway, I am one of those bastards who likes the real thing, so, I will try to find the UK built one first. I am riding Vespas as of now. Now go, make fun of me. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Hey dude,

Congrats on the upcoming bonnie - seems like among the bonneville owners is a greater likelyhood that
they've either been vintage scooter owners/appreciaters than the other way
around - there's a few in here (including myself) who own, ride, and in my case, race scooters... as far as timeless two wheeled design, the classic Vespa/Lambretta is right up there with vintage motorcycles in terms of aesthetic interest IMO...

Cheers,

D9

·
Registered
72 Posts
On 2007-01-15 14:18, D9 wrote:
mmm... Rally 200... did it ever get any better than that?
D9
The one scoot I really miss...

I do regret selling that one, but lack of garage, lack of funds, and lack of time won out...

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
OK, I have to pipe in.
I hate helmets, BUT... I would wear a full face helmet
if i had to ride one of those.
Because I wouldn't want any one to know
it was me :-D
Bill

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys.
My scoot is the silver one here. I will also be getting PX150 or GT60 (the anniversary edition) soon. But... I am more excited about the Bonnie. Cheers.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
On 2007-01-15 12:27, dude wrote:
I am riding Vespas as of now. Now go, make fun of me. Cheers.

My scoot is the silver one here.
dude, there's nothing to make fun of...... 'cause it's sooo cutesie. :hihi:

Seriously, I saw a fully restored '64 Vespa and sidecar on eBay the other day. The little thing was cherry and I'd LOVE to have one like it myself!!!

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Have to agree with sweatmachine, he might be trying to sell you a Enfield!! :-D

·
Registered
23 Posts
road_dog,

be very careful of Vespa's on ebay. A lot claim to be "fully restored" but they are bodged together in Vietnam and/or india and are proven to be death traps or at the best in very poor unridable condition. In many cases using wrong parts and even being two frames poorly welded together. If really interested, contact a local scooter club to point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
LUCAS,

Thanks for the insight. That doesn't surprise me a bit to hear, considering it's eBay we're talking about. I think it was in Thailand. I sure wouldn't buy out of there either. However, I was only looking and day dreaming. They are some cool little scooters, as you know.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I second the stay away from Vietnam Vespa's, I know some scooter mechanics and they have watched people pour more money than they paid for a "restored asian scooter" to get it running proper. And scooter clubs normally have pretty good partys. This is one rocker here that has spent more time at scooter rallies than motorcycle rallies. :chug:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts