Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Buell XB12STT Lightning Super TT

So, uh... they take the Lightning an' try to make a DP bike out of it an' call it the Ulysses. Then they take the Ulysses an' try to make Frankenstein's own supermoto out of it an' call it a TT.

This company sure makes some head-scratchers.

·
Registered
700 Posts
They're masterpieces before their time. Unfortunately for them, their time isn't coming any time soon. Buell = ebonics for cr**. :gpst:

·
Registered
293 Posts
I saw this a week or so back in a mag or something and thought the same thing. They didn't develope a new bike, they just attached different plastic, etc to it. The Ulysses is interesting, but still just too darned heavy for what they are trying to pass it off as.

If I've said it once........ If HD wants to sell these, they must let E. Buell off of his leash and give him some creative license (and a powerplant worthy of his skills)

·
Registered
684 Posts
What a disaster! That sheet of plastic under the seat that, I suppose, is intended to evoke motocross styling is ridiculous. This is a Supermoto:

·
Registered
700 Posts
If I've said it once........ If HD wants to sell these, they must let E. Buell off of his leash and give him some creative license (and a powerplant worthy of his skills)
HD produce a powerplant worthy of a sport anything? That's like Richard Simmons training a body builder.

·
Registered
321 Posts
***, that's just wrong.

Did the designer die half way?? And did a blind man with no hands or teeth jam with a pencil up his @ss finish the drawings???

·
Registered
278 Posts
They're masterpieces before their time. Unfortunately for them, their time isn't coming any time soon. Buell = ebonics for cr**.
your'e dang right.
nobody wants a briggs and stratton in a nicely engineered frame.
it's like putting a 4 cylinder into a chevelle... it doesn't work. :-D

·
Registered
354 Posts
A Russian engineer I used to work with had a great remark that is wholly applicable with regard to this Buell:

"A shaved pig is still a pig."

·
Registered
591 Posts
A personal favorite of mine:

"You can put whipping cream on that turd all you want. It's still gonna taste like sh!t."
SFC. William Lewis

·
Registered
194 Posts
Soup up a Moto Guzzi if ya want something different :kck:

Although I sat on a certain Buell at the NEC and really liked it :)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I think that's the most honestly designed Buell I've ever seen. Like a tinsel dressed groupie trying to get backstage at an Aerosmith concert, it's clothing is an unmistakable clue as to what's inside: garbage that will do anything for a famous lay.

Eric should be ashamed of himself.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
hahahaha... love the number plate there. in the one single place that would have "aired out" that over all look. that bike looks constipated.

nice belt drive... not.

front fender looks gip too. and the frame... and...
:)
-b

·
Banned
798 Posts
On 2006-11-21 16:49, Calitriple wrote:
A personal favorite of mine:

"You can put whipping cream on that turd all you want. It's still gonna taste like sh!t."
SFC. William Lewis
Don Jacoby (famous Trumpeter and teacher) said...
"you cant polish a turd". Now after all these years, I understand what he truly meant. Sorry Buell, I've liked some of your ideas, but that is an abortion.

kjazz

·
Banned
798 Posts
It does have a lot of area for your sponsor stickers.

Like: Jani-King, Scrubbing Bubbles, Kimberly-Clarke, Charmin and other turd sponsoring companies.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I took a city X for a test ride once (same dog different leg action).
I pulled out of the carpark went around the block and bought it straight back, he automatically tried to sell me a Ducati Monster, with a knowing smile, I'm sure this dealer sells more monsters using this method than any other.

·
Registered
984 Posts
That's one fugly looking bike.
But she's got two wheels so she's got a soul. Hope she get's some redemption in the after life. :(

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's a couple of questions for Buell:

1) If you're gonna carry the fluids in the frame and swingarm, why bother with the fake gas tank? If you're going to do radical engineering, why cover it up?

2) If you're gonna put a fake gas tank on it, why not make it a real gas tank - that way you can get rid of that utterly fugly monstrosity of a frame?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts