Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, I have'nt bought it yet, it's the 09 scrambler(matt green) i'm getting with arrow exhaust. Just got to flog the Harley first then order it, i took a test ride today and i'm impressed, loved creeping up on pedestrians and terrifying them with a rev or two. A fantastic bike, so's the harley nightrod, i've had several people not agreeing it's a good idea (my dad says its too loud) which is good enough reason for getting it, i'd like to hear some views from you people who must know a great deal more than the non-bikers i've asked so far. Your opinions please..:cool:

·
Banned
10,016 Posts

Greetings and welcome to the group. Personally I am not one for loud bikes. I prefer a lot of power and being more stealthy, if you want a non bias opinion I will tell you what the best bike out there is. You got to keep it a secret though. The Triumph Rocket III.........:D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Greetings and welcome to the group. Personally I am not one for loud bikes. I prefer a lot of power and being more stealthy, if you want a non bias opinion I will tell you what the best bike out there is. You got to keep it a secret though. The Triumph Rocket III.........:D
I was going to get a Rocket 3 but got the vrscdx instead, the kind gent at the Triumph showroom said "dont get that(rocket 111) you will kill yourself". I think i've fallen in love with the Scrambler though, it looked completely odd to me a year ago, i dont like the standard exhaust, it has to be the arrow, the sound is something i have'nt had before, the Harley standard exhaust sounds weak and boring, it's time to upset the general public. . .:eek:

·
Registered
294 Posts
For the first 30 years, I heard "you're going to kill yourself

on that thing." For the last 20 years, I've heard "aren't you

a little old for that?" Do your thing, Go your way.

Clyde

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the first 30 years, I heard "you're going to kill yourself

on that thing." For the last 20 years, I've heard "aren't you

a little old for that?" Do your thing, Go your way.

Clyde
At last, the voice of reason, i've waited all day for that, you are right, half the fun is doing it your way and going against advice, otherwise how will you ever learn to trust yourself which is more important than trusting other people. This bike has captured my attention in a profound way and will give me a chance to renew my individualism God-willing.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
cooler

The floggings will abate, eventually. Welcome!
Where are you from?
And oh, per your pen name, a crisp Grain Belt Premium for me, if you please.

:D

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
My opinion? You should ride whatever makes your gums sweat. Of course, some choices are more indicative of good taste than others. The Scrambler is a great machine, and really good-looking to my eye. M700R's photos have a lot to do with that opinion. Get yourself over to the Ride Report forum for evidence thereof.

And welcome to TriumphRAT.net! Hope we'll be hearing from you often!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
You people have been entirely to easy on this misguided neo

What you need is a Ducati 1098R (the "r" stands for red. ;) ).
Good luck. :)

I have never met your dad but I like him allready. anybody that advises agianst buying an HD, for any feken reason, is Otay in my book.

Just buy something sencible for a beginner that speaks to you. No point in worrying about what people think. Somebody will hate you no matter what you ride.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the posts people, by the way i'm from the south coast UK. I'm quite suprised how many of you guys in the States are into Triumphs, unfortunately money is tight, i've got to sell my 08 Night Rod Special to get me the Scrambler and some spare dosh, but actually i cant wait ! :)

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
I'm quite suprised how many of you guys in the States are into Triumphs
Why is that surprising? Nothing made on this continent could possibly keep up with my Daytona. Maybe a Buell model or two, but I prefer my bikes to start when I push the button, and stay started until I flip the switch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts