Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're planning our trip for 2009 shortly. Thinking riding thru' France via Issoire and Nyons and then into the Alps (Gap,Briancon type of area). Anyone got any reommendations for favourite roads and accommodation ? There could be between 6 and 10 of us,so we'll want to prebook.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sarunas unfortunately I don't have a Garmin. We've considered Tridays,but we will be a largish group,and not all Triunph enthusiasts. One day we will make Tridays but this is one of the guys 50th birthday and he's just bought a new GS1200 for a trip we haven't even planned yet. He also has a T100 Bonnie which he has heavily modified at substantial cost,so he is allowed to ride with us ! I'm thinking of riding thr u' France via Issoire and Nyons and then into the French Alps to explore around Gap and Grasse. We 're meeting up over Xmas to discuss options,as some riders fancy Picos/Portugal so there is much to decide.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've booked room in Neukirchen for Tridays already:D Area is great itself, so I hope not to sit in the bar three days!

Hope you can see something from this picture

Gap, Grasse is not on the way we went, but Alps are great everywhere! And I see you get on Meditteranean coast and this is great as well;)
Picos/Portugal- that's a different story unless you have enough time for both!

Also you can try this:
http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcycletouringineurope.php
It gave my several ideas when was planning my route

·
Registered
35 Posts
Alps

Gone to the Alps last two years, fantastic.
We followed the designated route' Grand Tour des Alps'. It start at Thenon in the North and ends at Menton on the Med Coast. Well worth it.
Do a google search and you can pick up the website for this route.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We've just about sorted our route,as follows :
A roads from northwest England to Portsmouth to catch overnight ferry to Caen
Caen to Issoire,420 miles
Issoire to Castellanne in Haute Provence,stay for 5 nights and explore Gorges and Alps,and maybe Nice/Cannes
Castellane to Briancon with diversion to a couple of Cols
Retrace back to Issoire,Caen,Portsmouth,home.
Trip will be 9 days and approx 2500 to 3000 miles.
Looking forward to it already...

A great site to look at for biking roads around the world is :

www.bestbikingroads.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts