The story so far,I bought my 2003 Speedy 2 years ago. Mileage then 18000 miles , mileage now 28000 miles. Last summer the bike packed in and I discovered a faulty alternator. So had alternator rewound and the specialist recommended a replacement rectifier as this was likely cause of alternator failure,so he supplied a pattern part. Parts fitted and all is well. I also fitted a new battery. Chinese Aero make as I couldn't get a quality battery locally. Over winter the bike has not been used and has been on an Optimate all the time. This has often shown a weak charge although the bike fired up ok. So Saturday it's time for a proper run. The bike fired up first time but the engine management light stayed on. In case this was due to a weak battery I put the bike thru 3 hot/cold cycles but the light remained on. Rode for 100 miles,bike was fine,then it stalled and no start. Noticed dripping from under battery box so removed seat to see that the battery was smoking and was so hot that it couldn't be touched. Acid gel had leaked from the top seal. After half an hour managed to handle the battery (still red hot) and noticed it was bulging slightly so may have been near to exploding ? Bike recovered to dealer and new battery fitted. No start and 13 faults recorded,reduced to 6 with Triumph diagnostic tool. So what has happened ? Possibly high voltage has cooked the battery (and some expensive electrics) and maybe Power Commander,which seems defunct. Dealer did not have time for further investgations so I'm hoping for some suggestions. Fault messages include efi and coils. Maybe this is due to Power Commander if it is fried ? Maybe the replacement rectifier is faulty. The real concern is that if the damage is expensive to fix (ecu etc) then the bike will be uneconomic to repair. As you might imagine I'm depressd. Apologies for long post but I had to provide all details so that the problem could be explained.