Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new to hinley triumphs,and just bought a 955i engine on ebay for my next project. i have 2 questions;first,which models of 3 cyl. machines use full dual downtube frames,and second,will the 955i fit into it? thanks!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i am new to hinley triumphs,and just bought a 955i engine on ebay for my next project. i have 2 questions;first,which models of 3 cyl. machines use full dual downtube frames,and second,will the 955i fit into it? thanks!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright then...will a 955i fit into other frames,ie:t-bird.legend,etc?what i need to know is are the mounting points the same on all 3 cyl.engines?i realize there are subtle differences that seperate the 955i from the motors tuned for low -end . :???:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright then...will a 955i fit into other frames,ie:t-bird.legend,etc?what i need to know is are the mounting points the same on all 3 cyl.engines?i realize there are subtle differences that seperate the 955i from the motors tuned for low -end . :???:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
There is a fair likelyhood that th emounting points will be in the same place, but as the 955i engine was never fitted into the unitary frame used on the early models such as the TBird and Legend, there may well be some differences. the fuel injection system for the 955 would not fit these frames as the intakes point upwards to the airbox and would hit the frame.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
There is a fair likelyhood that th emounting points will be in the same place, but as the 955i engine was never fitted into the unitary frame used on the early models such as the TBird and Legend, there may well be some differences. the fuel injection system for the 955 would not fit these frames as the intakes point upwards to the airbox and would hit the frame.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts