Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious as to thoughts on the best quality frame sliders for Thruxtons (I have a 2011) -- what do you think of the ones you have, would you recommend them, how did they fare when your bike went down?

From my research, seems like LSL, R&G and Skyking are the brands to go for? Any thoughts appreciated!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Not put any on the Thruxton yet but have R&G on the sprint gt and speed triple. Excellent quality just not had need to find out how good they are on these bikes. Did drop my TT 600 with R&G on they saved the fairing.

·
Registered
8,102 Posts
The wife has R&G racing frame sliders - nicely made and finished I have LSL - certainly sleeker and more flush

I prefer the R&G's as you can put your boots over the top and rest your legs on long rides

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very helpful... just from the photos, looks like the R&G's stick out more... do you think that provides more protection (since there's potentially more space created between the slider and the ground)?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Curious as to thoughts on the best quality frame sliders for Thruxtons.......
My bike already had LSL's on it that the previous owner had installed. They are yellow to match the color of the bike and I think that they are kind of ugly, probably because of the color. IF I keep them on I will switch to black ones.

The bike has never been down (as far as I know :eek: ), but the LSL's are pretty small, I find it hard to believe that they would offer a lot of scratch protection, but of course I am NOT speaking from experience here.

·
Registered
8,102 Posts
The LSL's don't stick out as far as the R&G's. Whether the LSL type offer less protection I can't really tell - no practical experience :D........... yet :(

I would like to see something for the exhausts myself.

Are they worth the $?

I made some for my wifes other bike - 2008 CB400 Super Four from Sprint bungs and had some stainless spacers made up with stainless rod. They still cost me $120 in the end.

She has dropped he bike (at a stand still) a couple of times and has scuffed the ends. That's it.. IMO they are worth it even for the pi55ed off value of looking at a scuffed side cover and then the replacement.

I dropped my Sprint RS at a stand still (without bungs) and did a real job on it, but it did have a fairing and very expensive stickers

·
Registered
113 Posts
I went with the LSL kit for my 2012 Thruxton. A bit on the pricey side, sure, but worth it in terms of safety/control in the event you go down, not to mention they'll likely save the engine from significant damage on either side. I went with the blue ones, which compliment the black/gold theme. Just my $.02

1 - 9 of 9 Posts