Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the Skyking frame sliders. One question I have is do I need both front and rear engine sliders? I would prefer the rear and it seems a little redundant for both. Maybe I am wrong. I was also looking at the Rhinomoto fork sliders and swing-arm sliders, very nice and well designed from what I can tell from the photos.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I would suggest doing yourself a favor and going with both front and rear, consider the radiator. I have suffered a lowslide and was able to pick the bike up and continue on albeit with a bent rear brake lever. If I busted the radiator, and as I was many states from home things would have gotten very complicated, very fast.

Also cosider the clutch and sator crash protectors from GSG Moto (www.britishcustoms.com)

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I have the Rhinos on front and back-good stuff and e-z on/off.
Also have the Sky King front sliders -good stuff. I do not recommend the engine sliders as your knees can get into them-I put the rear under seat sliders on my bike cuz I took off the rear footpeg mounts and that is where they go.
I also got some really neat side engine covers from British Customs that are made by GSG ? I think. They are really slick
and will take the scraping instead of your engine covers if you hit the road. One goes on he alt. and the other on the clutch side. Nice.

[ This message was edited by: HiVel on 2007-03-01 20:56 ]

·
Registered
484 Posts
This is what I did.

I got the Vortex Frame sliders for a CBR1000. I bought a longer bolt for the front slider on the right side, and made spacers from the mounting screws that came with the pucks. Total cost for two sets of sliders: $144

What I like about the Vortex is, if you go down, you can buy a single replacement puck for about $17. Pucks also come in about six colors.

Rear sliders are about an inch in front of my knees. :-D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts