Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 72 Tiger 650.Frame # JG33911 TRCR.Motor # JG33911 What does the TRCR on the frame mean?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Does anyone have a good sight to look up serial numbers?

Some of the ones that I've found are confusing.

in particular, mine is:

RVEG57074

I think it's a 72 TR6R, but I'm not sure since some of the paperwork that I have is conflicting.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Quag, not the one I sent him. Not seen that TIOC web page before. Good for a general over view but you can't beat having the real thing, that's what I sent him................. Guess he did not pick his mail up yet?
Roy.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Jiust got back from the village pub, checked THIS page out, and now I'm totally confused -I thought my T140V, registered 10/85 was built in Sept 84, then locked in the factory for a year - my engine/frame no. is NJ59372 - when was it actually built ????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Hey Quag, ME........................... I just like to share, as do most on this forum. I'm still learning and keep finding out more every week. Yesterday I had hold of TWO DOHC 650 T120 Bonnie engines. One will be on show at the BONNEVILLE CELEBRATION in 2009. Check out the sticky at the top of the front page.
Roy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Numbers

Does anyone have a good sight to look up serial numbers?

Some of the ones that I've found are confusing.

in particular, mine is:

RVEG57074

I think it's a 72 TR6R, but I'm not sure since some of the paperwork that I have is conflicting.

Thanks.
THE R IS FOR US ROADS, THE V IS 5 SPEED, THE E IS MONTH, G YEAR AND THE REST PRODUCTION. BUY THE WAY YOUR IS ONE OF THE LAST 650 MADE

·
Registered
504 Posts
Wooly

You must mean 74, not 84! NJ must be December 1973 (a 74 model 750) as I have KJ (September 73 650). Mine was released from the blockade in June 1974. Yours may have been released at a similar time. Caulky will have something similar (650 released in 74).

Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts