Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Found my S3:)

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  mnrider 
#1 ·
Well, I went and checked out an 01' speed triple tonight. It has 3500 miles and is scorched pink :( I'm not too fond of the color so I'll be painting it a flat black with a little metalic in it while I wait for it to warm up. I'm grabbing it for $4500 in January as long as I can find a good loan to cover 2 or 3k since I don't have all the cash right now. Hopefully everything works out with this one :)

#4 ·
Mind if I ask, is it just for weekend fun or actual daily driving?

I always try to talk people into putting things off for awhile and pay all cash rather than finance toys! Seen alot of people get themselves in a hole over something they didnt really NEED.

Just something to think about. (it doesnt take that long to save that kind of money if you put your mind to it)

#5 ·
once it gets warm out in march and april it'll be on the road. I'll be riding it as much as possibly and keep my car in the garage. I know I should hold off but it's the only used speed triple I can find in the area. there aren't any speed fours anywhere and this deal is way too good to pass up right now.

#7 ·
Trust me, you didn't want a Speed Four anyway. Not that they're bad bikes, but the speed Triple is 250% of a Speed Four. More fun in every way, and you simply can't compare the exhaust note.

I'll give it this, the Speed Four handled better. But in every other way the S3 is superior.

#10 ·
Well, I'm putting down 2k in cash so I'll only have a loan for $2500. Should have that paid off by the end of summer so it's not too bad. As long as I can get a simple interest loan so that I can pay it off as soon as I want without any penalties. I wish I could have rode the bike but it was way too cold out. Hopefully it will warm up to 30 or 40F in the next month so that I can take it out for a day quick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.