Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I was leaking a little oil and finally found the spot today while at the dealer. Like others have reported it's leaking around the cam cover. Going to take it in next week to let the dealer try and fix it under warranty. Also got a little bling to add on to bike. Bought the chrome cam covers. He gave me a good deal on the covers (20% discount) and will install with no labor since he will remove the original ones to fix the problem. Hope the wife doesn't notice....................

They also had a new Tiger on the floor. Nice looking bike.

Had a couple of Bonnie's outfitting with the new 68 gear. On a silver one they had added the red tank cover,and the single seat with a red cowl. Not to bad looking. He was trying to sell me the single seat with the white cowl to go with the tang and orange. Don't think that's my style.

RT

·
Registered
139 Posts
I considered a white cowl for mine, but they are ivory not opal white. they won't match unless you have it painted.

·
Registered
77 Posts
RT, what are your plans for the original cam cover? Want to sell it?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Kevin,

If he doesn't want to partwith his you can find them on Ebay pretty regularly for $20-$30. I bought one to polish up myself. Now am thinking of powdercoating reflective chrome.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Vert, how tough is it to remove the original finish from a used cover? Are the OEM silver covers powdercoated or painted?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
The OEM silver cam cover on my '03 T-100 was powder coated. The plater that powder coated it "wet black" for me said he had never seen anything as hard to remove as that original powder coating.

Larry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts