Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
List,

I have been looking for a 500 to trade for my 750 (daughter cannot start the 750 and its for her). I found another 500 that I am going to pass on but thought I would share it with the list.

1972 T100C, clear title. The bike has been in a fire but there is really very little damage. Engine looks great, frame is super, the only things that got messed up is the tires (not bad but you should replace them) and the speedometer drive. The bike is missing the instruments and needs a new wiring harness. The front end appears to be a 1972 but its off a 650. Numbers match.

The owner wants $1500. He would trade bikes with me but mine runs really well and doesn't need anything. If his was 100% complete I would probably trade. Send me a PM if you want the number.

The bike is located in Dayton, TN.

Joe

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
sounds like the seller is the same person that used to have a clothing store in Soddy-Daisy 'bout 40 years ago

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no idea.

I know where Soddy Daisy is but I am new to Tennessee. I have spent 42 of my 44 years in Southwest Michigan. I am having some fun trying to find a Triumph 500 for my daughter and thought I would pass along any leads I do not pursue.

joe

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
ah ha you jus be a a youngin.
bout da time you were bein borned there was a clothin store in Soddy Daisy that sold mens clothes ask about you will get the story. ifin you talk like you be from michigan dont go up on sand mtn. least wise those used to be the rules but I havent been down there since '78.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts