Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
My brother use to be stationed down there and now is a contractor there. When I am in town on the warmer months I usually bring my bike down there to ride with him.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
It would be kinda cool if people wanna get together sometime and ride somewhere. I'm right next to Bragg. Been out 20 years now but stayed right here. Let me know if any are interested

·
Registered
26 Posts
It would be kinda cool if people wanna get together sometime and ride somewhere. I'm right next to Bragg. Been out 20 years now but stayed right here. Let me know if any are interested

It would be cool, and I'm interested. After I went down in the sand the other day, my wife would like me to ride with someone :)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Down in sand? Yikes! I don't ride in sand with my bike I would probably get buried deep.
Pick a date and time and I will see if I can make it. I'm working quite a bit right now but will squeeze in what I can

·
Registered
6 Posts
I retired from the Army in 2012. Served 8 years at Bragg. Currently living in Fayetteville. I just purchased a 1967 Triumph T120TT engine mounted in a '71 OIF frame. I plan on adding a hardtail. I would appreciate any advice, help from anyone local.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I retired from the Army in 2012. Served 8 years at Bragg. Currently living in Fayetteville. I just purchased a 1967 Triumph T120TT engine mounted in a '71 OIF frame. I plan on adding a hardtail. I would appreciate any advice, help from anyone local.
Went out for a beer or ten in Fayetteville in 1996 while taking part in Exercise "Purple Star" or as the 82nd called it "Royal Dragon". At the time it was the biggest airborne exercise since WW2.
We tried to get in to a night club and because we had Regimental T shirts on they wouldn't let us in unless we bought their club T shirt! If I remember correctly it had a stupid picture of a cartoon camel on it, not a pretty sight about 20 British Paras with iffy T shirts on, must've been something good about the club or we wouldn't have stood for it :laugh2:
Our accommodation on the base was a good laugh too, there we were expecting U.S Army luxury and instead we were put in some old wooden barrack blocks with bunk beds and ablutions like those in the movie "Full Metal Jacket", still, you could have a face to face conversation with the bloke on the next toilet!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts