Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
can anyone help me ?
ive an 05 cast wheel tiger and every time i go over speed bump or big ish lump or bump my forks clonk !!!!
i cant find any thing wrong ive become stuck on things to look for.
ive also been told this could be just the way they are as there showa forks ????
thanks and please help!!!:mad:

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Hi Cazzy,

First of all, welcome to the forum :)

You'll be pleased to know that while Japanese manufacturers spend millions designing out clunks on the forks, Triumph didn't bother :confused:

Most of the 955's do it, so nothing to be worried about. There's a few threads about it if you use the search facility.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Try changing the standard 10w fork oil with 15 w.

It helped on mine.

Have a look at the previous threads on this subject.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
hi all
can anyone help me ?
ive an 05 cast wheel tiger and every time i go over speed bump or big ish lump or bump my forks clonk !!!!
i cant find any thing wrong ive become stuck on things to look for.
ive also been told this could be just the way they are as there showa forks ????
thanks and please help!!!:mad:
If you check the threads,War and Piece has been written about it,but it's the later Tigers that suffer,the early ones don't.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Got an 08 Tiger--it does the same thing. If you dont hit any bumps its not a problem:D

·
Registered
137 Posts
It's the type of dampening valve used in the forks. The clunk if nothing to worry about, so get out there and ride!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts