Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

At first I was all about spending the cash and hooking up the bike with this and that. Then I had a moment where I thought, what am I really going to do with the bike and how am I going to ride it. I do plan on taking the bike to the canyons, but just to get to the coffee shop.

I'm at a point in my life where dragging knee and pushing the bike to the limits is not at the top of my list. Why spend so much cash on equipment I will not really need.

So, I regress. Anyone here install the Traxxion Dynamics springs? No other mods up front, just springs? At this point all I am trying to do is eliminate the front-end dive on braking. For $109 bucks, hell why not.

http://www.traxxion.com/ForkSpringKits.aspx

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
The dive you're getting is from too soft of a spring rate. Traxxion can set you up with the correct rate spring. Don't let the progressive spring crowd talk you into a set of those...those work in a one-size-fits-all sort of world, but isn't ideal if you want to improve the front end later on by adding emulators.

You can get about the same initial softness of a progressive spring by fitting the correctly specified single-rate spring and decreasing the oil volume incrementally (which increases the air cushion over the oil). I settled on 10 ccs less oil than Triumph recommends. The advantage over a progressive spring is that you can set initial sag properly and the spring isn't too harse/is correct when pressed hard.

Cheers,

--Rich

1 - 3 of 3 Posts