Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-
Do any of you know if the fork protectors for a modern Bonneville will fit a 2001 T-Bird? I saw a set on the Classified section.
Thx,
Tom

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hi,

The Bonneville range has a slightly narrower fork to the Thunderbird (i.e 41mm stantion as against 43mm, etc....).

The Thunderbird fork protectors are still available from Triumph dealerships under part# A9641010 and for "reasonable money" (see http://www.jacklilley.com/view_part.asp?category_id=18&category_type_id=38&part_id=212 ). I would go with the original accessory, from a dealer, to get that perfect fit.

One thing to consider is that they should not be used if you have the Summer Screen fitted, as they can impact each other with the fork dive. The instructions warn of this, and its dangers.

Hope this helps?
Geoff

ps. Please can you update your profile to show your location, etc... Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. The local dealership said that the Bonnie fork protectors should fit on the Tbird. I saw a set in the Triumphrat classifieds. I am willing to gamble $20 for a set to see if they fit. They are $23 each from the dealer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where did he get the gaiters? I moved to a house that is on a dirt road about 6 months ago. I am looking for all the protection I can get.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I can confirm the Gaiters do fit and work (so long as you have the right fork seals installed:brick: but that's another story).
Pg 20 in the Classic Hinckley gallery if you want to see them fitted

1 - 7 of 7 Posts