Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front end of my 955i is a dash loose I think. Anyone have a writeup or procedure for checking its tension and what tools are necessary to get it into proper condition. It appears I need a spanner wrench for that top center cap thing but I'm not exactly positive.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I crafted one using a socket and a bench grinder... Came out pretty bloody good too.. There was no other way other than buying the OEM socket, which was hard to justify for "in case".

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is all thats needed is to loosen the fork tube clamps and this "spanner tool"?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's my tutorial on it:

1. Remove the round cover that requires a spanner wrench on the center of the triple trees right in front of the speedometer. If you don't have a spanner like myself, I just took a punch and stuck it in one of the holes and tapped it loose with a hammer.
  2. Loosen the two allen keys that hold the top triple tree clamp to the fork tubes. One on each side.
  3. Remove the two 10mm bolts that connect the clip-ons(handle bars) to the top clamp. One on each side.
  4. Carefully slide up the top clamp of the triple trees uniformily.
  5. You now have access to the top nut. Tighten this to spec or to your liking.
  6. Reverse processes. Be sure to tighten bolts that hold handlebars to clamp, allen keys that clamp top clamp to fork tubes, and cover nut (spanner nut).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts