Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dumb question but the thrux gaiters are very expensive when compared with aftermarket ones for old models, cub, t140 etc. Are they special in anyway, having a special fitment at the base to attach to the top of the forks? or are they expensive standard gaiters with triumph packaging?
If they are just normal gaiters, can anyone give me a link to a decent set (UK based) that would fit and look good without costing the earth.

Cheers, Folks :D

·
Registered
474 Posts
The stock Triumph fork gaiters I have on my BB fit perfect. Some of the after market gaiters look like all purpose gaiters one size fits all. The Triumph gaiters clamp at the top and the bottom slides over the lower part of the forks, no clamp at the bottom. If I was doing the job I wouldn't waste my time putting on something that might work, spent the extra dough and put the Triumph gaiters and be done with it.:beerchug:

·
Registered
484 Posts
i spent the 40 bones for the triumph gaitors. they look good on my thrux. BUt you do have to take your forks off to do it right. so it does take a bit of time to put em on

1 - 3 of 3 Posts