Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, since i couldn't really find the answer I was looking for by searching I'll ask it here:

I'm wanting to install a Fork Brace on my 04 Thruxton, but want to retain the Fork Gaters I've already installed. Is SuperBrace the only one that will work with the Gaters?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
There are only two braces available that I am aware of - Superbrace and the BC brace. You could have gaiters with both however the Superbrace has one version designed so the gaiters attaches to the brace

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matt,

Thanks I think Norman Hyde has one as well, and it actually looks thinner which would allow my gaiters to be more expanded, but I can't seem to get any measurements from any of these guys...

·
Registered
379 Posts
im pretty sure a fork brace will work with gaiters. superbrace and norman hyde are very close in style and BC looks really good i would go with them

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
RumRunner, Yes, you are quiet correct I had forgotten about the Norman Hyde brace. I have the BC brace although I think the Superbrace is the best looking brace out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I imagine that you found this thread, but if not there are pics.
http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-technical-talk/94272-gaiters-plus-superbrace.html

Thanks for the link, some how I missed that one and it's the one I really needed. I didn't like the look of how crushed the bellows were on the pictures I had seen of JC's, and really didn't like the look of the ones with only 7 pleats. After looking at those pictures I see that JC's are 15 pleats, which look too compressed for me, so I'm thinking mine should be good since they have 11 pleats.

Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts