Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the alternatives for a fork brace and didn't want to mortgage the house to get one. I found these TEC CNC fork braces local to me after inquiring through the UK site.

Oz seller ->
http://myworld.ebay.com.au/tecshox/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

UK seller ->
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/101turbogas/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

The guy that I dealt with even came to my house to delivery the fork brace and I ended up buying a 19T front sprocket as well. Nice bloke that knows his stuff. He has shockers, centre stands, pack racks available with other things in the pipeline.

The fork brace is well made and a lovely finish in black or silver. Fitted in 15 minutes and that included the time spent procrastinating over the best way to cut off the plastic fork guard. At $70 it is a bargain and great compared to the others. Coupled with the NHK steering dampener ($205) it has made it more settled through corrugated corners.

I haven't been able to push the bike in corners as much as I would like with the standard front suspension (YSS emulators on Wednesday) and the old Metzlers but the seat of the pantsometer it's a definite improvement. Just wanted to post to save some $ for others that have helped me.

From the front

From the back

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Looks good Steve,

A friend of mine just bought one yesterday too. I presume it just sits above the front guard?

I think I'll visit ebay now!

John

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right Oz. I thought that it may have to go flush or get screwed in but it just sits slightly above the front guard.

He had some other bits too and has some alloy petrol caps (I assume Monza type) coming on line also.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Steve, that looks good. I've used them on other bikes and they always make a noticeable difference at higher speeds or when pushing hard into and out of turns. I've thought about it but i have gaitors on the bike, i'd hate to take those off.

Rick

·
Registered
727 Posts
Geday, I have fitted a superbrace. Direct from factory as a second. It had some small imperfections in the black finish but nothing you can readily see. I got one with the small protectors that mimic the placky standard ones. I have also fitted a TPUSA steering damper. Certainly settles it a bit in the rough. Am running radials on the front and back, was Pilot Road 2CT now Conti Road Attack 2's. Gazi shocks at the rear and YSS emulators and stronger springs in front. I weigh abt 105kg so not light.

My main problem with steering is when at high speed trying to shift around on the bike to set up for a corner. ie turn 1 at Phillip Island or Eastern Creek. So far I am a bit scared now to try and climb off the seat to set up for a very fast corner as some serious weaves and wobbles at near 200kph doesn't do the heart any good. OK at slower speeds. I don't have this problem with my Sprint. With the Thrux it might be a case of button off a bit.

Cheers, Simmo

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good comparison Simmo. I have always found the RS to be rock solid and it can well out perform my ability. I am concerned that I or Leonie are going to get caught out mid-corner with the Thrux and create a pucker moment.

OK for me but I would hate to inflict that on to wifey :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
"The guy that I dealt with even came to my house to delivery the fork brace and I ended up buying a 19T front sprocket as well. Nice bloke that knows his stuff. He has shockers, centre stands, pack racks available with other things in the pipeline.

The fork brace is well made and a lovely finish in black or silver. Fitted in 15 minutes and that included the time spent procrastinating over the best way to cut off the plastic fork guard. At $70 it is a bargain and great compared to the others. Coupled with the NHK steering dampener ($205) it has made it more settled through corrugated corners.

I haven't been able to push the bike in corners as much as I would like with the standard front suspension (YSS emulators on Wednesday) and the old Metzlers but the seat of the pantsometer it's a definite improvement. Just wanted to post to save some $ for others that have helped me. "

I bought a centre stand from him on ebay. great quality and good to deal with , he lives in the area and dropped the centrestand off at home also.
Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Thanks for the tip Steven. I hope he does well with his Bonnie parts line and offers other parts in the future.
By the way, what is your verdict on the YSS emulators.
Ted.

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.