Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be installing a fork brace soon (on an '06 T100) and have a couple of questions. No fork gaiters... just a simple SuperBrace installation.

1) What's the best way to remove the plastic fork protectors?

2) What's the factory torque spec for the axle pinch bolts?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Tap it with a 2x4 works wonders on these pesky stone guards. Unless you want to remove the forks to slide them off they have to be cut off. Which is what I did. Front axle pinch bolt 27Nm or 19.926ft lbs.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well... I've been eyeballing the black Superbrace for some time now. I just couldn't justify the $220 to buy it. I got lucky and managed to snag a great deal on a slightly used one that was listed in the classifieds (thanks jbfla :)).

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
Phil, let us know what you think of the fork brace. Opinions seem to be mixed on whether it does anything, at least with the original reinforced front fender.

And +1 to whacking those plastic guards off with a scrap of wood. I used a small scrap of oak flooring and tapped around the periphery, they popped right off. Of course, that was with the fork off, otherwise you'll have to cut them. (I was installing gaiters and springs at the time.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts