Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received the Tec fork top adjusters for my Speed Twin. Unusual to have a cartridge in only one fork but it seems pretty straightforward dropping them in.
I’m wondering if I set these half way on the adjustment will that give me the stock setting when I drop them in?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I really wanted to know where stock was before I fitted these as I’m very happy with the suspension, I’m just not so happy with the roads around these parts.
Looks like I will have to shorten my spacer ( is it plastic? ) by 8mm to have some adjustment in both directions.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have taken some measurements from the adjusters and I think the info given might be incorrect. If you buy these alone I would suggest you check all measurements before cutting the plastic spacer.
From measuring the old and new adjusters I believe you will have to cut off 11-12mm to get you to stock equivalent, and allow plus/minus adjustment.
I’m going to drop George at Tec an e mail.
There’s only 10mm of adjustment so if you want to get anything out of it, it’s important how much you cut off the spacer.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok got an update from George at Tec and the initial 8mm is for another fork top adjuster........, So if you buy these for a Speed Twin you will have to reduce the plastic spacer by 11mm to replicate stock and give equal +/- adjustment.
Measure twice cut once.:grin2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts