Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question about an old post. You commented on a post in April last year with a photo looking into an arrow 2-2 pipe. You mentioned something about the baffles being cut too short to hold the inside pipe in place. I would like to know if the baffle in that photo was removed? I just bought a full system for track days, but it too is over the tracks db limit. When I look down my pipes, they look exactly like your photo. I'm assuming he removed them and that's why I don't see a circlip, but I want to make sure before I spend money on new baffles to make it track legal. Guess it wasn't a quick question...
I'm not allowed to PM you? If anyone can let him know this is here I'd appreciate it, or if you know the answer for sure!

·
Premium Member
20,738 Posts
You mentioned something about the baffles being cut too short to hold the inside pipe in place.
Don't think it was my comment, but someone who heard that advice from TEC, you know, the makers of an Arrow copy exhaust system.

The standard baffle tube fits right inside the "funnel" bit that's welded to the perforated section inside the silencer. TEC said that this acted as support for the internal assemblies but in my view it doesn't, on the Arrow at least. I've been running for years with a shortened, larger diameter baffle that doesn't fit inside the funnel without a problem.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You had posted a picture, only thing I really need to know is whether or not the db killer was removed in that photo. I'm assuming it wasn't, as I couldn't see a circlip to hold anything in. It looks exactly how mine does now, and if there's no baffle in that photo then I should be able to get some and still use the arrows for track day. As they stand now, they are over the limit for the track I'm headed to next month.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never mind, I just read through the entire thread and you had mentioned that "this is what it looks like with the db killer removed" that answers my question! Looks like I'll be needing some stock db killers now...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts