Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

For those in the military and serving their country

39K views 36 replies 26 participants last post by  vitesse 
#1 ·
#12 ·
Hi Chaps

I'm new to this site - but the first thing I saw was your little avatar Haggis. Please inform me if all Canadian girls look like that so I can get the immigration forms started ASAP......

I'm a serving soldier in the British Army, not long back from Afghanistan. I've a 2005 "Tangerine Dream" T100 which I'm modding to look more "1960's" in nature. Do I qualify? Haha! :)

#16 ·
From one who has ancestors and family members who have served in every armed conflict in American history except Vietnam (they were in uniform but not in country) a heartfelt thanks.

This post has been deleted
#25 ·
A contrary view here for you. Don't believe that all in the military sacrficed. A friend was stationed in Germany during the Vietnam war. He bought a car and vacationed in Europe during off times. Another friend, also stationed in Germany during the Vietman war years lived in a house with his wife. He had the beer man deliver beer as did the milkman in days gone by here in the US.

This post has been deleted
#29 · (Edited by Moderator)
A contrary view here for you. Don't believe that all in the military sacrficed. A friend was stationed in Germany during the Vietnam war. He bought a car and vacationed in Europe during off times. Another friend, also stationed in Germany during the Vietman war years lived in a house with his wife. He had the beer man deliver beer as did the milkman in days gone by here in the US.

<spam link deleted>
:mad::mad::mad: Where did you serve? unit? MOS? rank? weapons qualification? vehicle qualifications, duty station, company/unit CO? COCHON.

#34 ·
Thank you to all of you who served, Semper Fidelis! USMC, 1987-1991. While I didn't serve in Desert Storm due to a knee injury, I was ordered to find a replacement. I picked a replacement, a tough Lance Corporal who I figured had the best chance of returning. He was in the chow hall on his base in Saudi Arabia only 10 minutes before a Scud missile hit by the Patriot batteries crashed into the facility. The greatest honor I had during my time in the Corps was picking him and the rest of his Fire team up at Washington National Airport upon arriving home. I got a staff car and was able to park at the curb in my Alpha uniform to wait for them. People kept thanking me for my service, and I kept telling them not to thank me, but to thank the Marines I was there to pick up.

#35 ·
I served during an interesting period in US history. We trained for Vietnam with the 198th Light Infantry Brigade. We were 1AD 1/52 Inf. at Ft Hood. Once orders came down the mechanics were separated out due to the 198th going straight leg ( non mechanized) 67-68 we formed the riot control contingent that went to Chicago. It was exactly like today, same players, same agenda. We slept on a gym floor in a locked down school, it was Marshal Law, live ammo, 24/ 7 guards on our perimeter and daily patrols. Many of the troops with us were short timers back from Vietnam. I am proud to have served, many of my riding friends are Vietnam vets, some wounded, Marines and Army, we have a brotherhood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.