Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lifetime Premium
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace my ugly rubber footpegs on my Speedmaster and was looking for some ideas. I ordered the Kuryakyn adapters, which I can use to adapt Kuryakyn pegs, other aftermarket pegs, or my own custom made pegs(if it comes to that). I was wondering if anyone had any unique sources or ideas for pegs.

·
Lifetime Premium
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've looked at them. I do like the studded ones in black or silver anodized, but I think I want something a little more robust.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
I had Kuryakyn switchblades on my speedy. My recommendation would be look elsewhere. the quality is lousy. The rubber cracked and looked bad very quickly and the chrome was as cheap as it gets. The metal underneath the chrome wasn\\\'t smooth so the chrome had marks in it from the uneven surface. Just not very quality IMO. As to others, i don\\\'t know of any but looking at the new Tbird i really like the pegs on that bike. A similar look to the Kuryakyn ones but quality looking. i\\\'m sure you could order a set and they\\\'d probably fit the speedy w/o adapters. Tho i imagine they may not quite yet be available since the bike isn\\\'t in the dealers yet.

·
Lifetime Premium
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's good info about the Kuryakyn pegs, thanks. I wonder if anyone else has had problems with them.

I was think of making my own out of aluminum with a silicone core for vibration resistance. Knurled and studded and anodized black, but that's a lot of work, not to mention expensive for a small batch of anodizing (minimum charge is $140).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts