Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we had the Triumph demo truck in Fort Myers (Florida) this week end and I rode the Sprint twice. I love that bike, but at 55 my arthritic knee is complaining. Any one know of any one who offers a remodeled mounting bracket that put the foot pegs and levers a bit further down?

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
good find, rlawdog.

That is not a bad price for those pegs considering the design and workmanship. Seems to be a good choice for those that have been wanting lower pegs.

That is the same supplier that sells a bike lowering kit for the Sprint.

·
Registered
271 Posts
what,pray tell will lowering the pegs 1 inch do for your knees? nothing,i should think. i take 3 types of pain killers every day for my knees AND hips, but it doesn't keep me of my RS.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Someone posted about removing the rubber top piece from the footpeg for app. 1/2" length gain. I gave it a try..........and 1/2" does seem to make a difference..............no cost and no loss of ground clearance.
Mike

·
Registered
329 Posts
You wouldn't think an inch would make much of a difference, but i have been amazed how much difference an inch makes in ergonomics whether its reach to the handlebars, handlebar height, seat height, or seat to footpeg distance. of course its gonna vary by rider characteristics but I'm surprised how much an inch in any of those dimensions makes a difference for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
R/H '99 Sprint peg needed

Hi guys,

New on the forum here and not able to post on the classifieds, so beg pardon for this intrusive post. Hoping to help a buddy locate the r/h rider's peg for the above bike. I'm in SoCal.

Thanks for any help ...

[email protected]
760-723-3332

·
Registered
94 Posts
You wouldn't think an inch would make much of a difference, but i have been amazed how much difference an inch makes in ergonomics whether its reach to the handlebars, handlebar height, seat height, or seat to footpeg distance. of course its gonna vary by rider characteristics but I'm surprised how much an inch in any of those dimensions makes a difference for me.
I agree -- an inch can make a big difference for some riders. I see that a 50 mm (2 inch) peg lowering kit is also offered, but I think ground clearance would then become a concern.

·
Premium Member
24,401 Posts
I agree -- an inch can make a big difference for some riders. I see that a 50 mm (2 inch) peg lowering kit is also offered, but I think ground clearance would then become a concern.
Mike OD,

you are correct if you lowered them any at all you will have ground clearance issues.

Sprint pegs are already pretty low.

DaveM:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Mike OD,

you are correct if you lowered them any at all you will have ground clearance issues.

Sprint pegs are already pretty low.

DaveM:cool:
I'll post a pic of part of a peg that broke off when the curb feeler hit a crack in the road. Normal height.

You can lower them but as DaveM says they will reduce the clearance. Just FYI

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Curb feelers? :p

They were the first thing to go.

Now if I could source some titanium ones for night time entertainment, that would be a consideration. :D

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Curb feelers? :p

They were the first thing to go.

Now if I could source some titanium ones for night time entertainment, that would be a consideration. :D
Mine were, that's why I haven't bothered to replace them:D.
I have titanium toe sliders Mikey says they are distracting and Peggy says they are purrty so go figure. Girls:confused:

I have some titanium in the shop...humm.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
But there is no turns in Florida so whats the problem. 11 curves, 316 miles. the antithesis of the Dragon

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
But there is no turns in Florida so whats the problem. 11 curves, 316 miles. the antithesis of the Dragon
Motorcyclists like OnD in Fla get their jollys on cloverleafs:D

Dragon is for girls. Come to Oregon if you want to see some curves:p.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts