Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I believe I read either in this or the Twins Talk forum, that Triumph now make foot pegs from aluminum instead of pot metal. Can anyone confirm this and if correct, what years and which models they were for?

The right side peg snapped off my '07 T100 when it laid down after stopping on a loose sand and gravel shoulder. Examining the pieces, I was not impressed to see what it was made of. From time to time, I stood on those pegs at speed and had I known I was putting my weight on brittle metal, would have thought twice.

I'm not crazy about any aftermarket pegs I've seen online so started searching these forums. Somewhere I ran accross a comment on the same topic stating newer pegs are aluminum.

I would much rather get aluminum pegs for both sides rather than a single pot metal peg to replace the broken one.

I'm asking here about this in case the dealer I frequent does not know or cannot find out if there's a difference.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Forchetto. First out of the gate yet again answering one of my posts!

This morning I called the shop I use and they have on hand a pair of factory pegs confirmed to be aluminum and have the Triumph logo. Triumph parts could be more expensive in Canada than anywhere and the cost is going to be $90 - $95 each with 20% off if I trade in the undamaged peg.

Since you post so often, it seems you know of what you speak. I looked closely at the Oberon pictures you provided and would have gone that route if I did not get OEM's which were my preference.

Thanks again, you do good service.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The original pegs were a ZA alloy (ZA 8?/ZA 22?) but the newer pegs are indeed cast aluminum. Personally, I don't like any diecast parts for footpegs and fab'd a few sets for my bikes from 1020 CRS.

Dick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts